Re: Linux/m68k on Atari

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:39:17PM +0100, Patrice Mandin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the coming soon CTPCI (PCI expansion board for Atari Falcon+CT60),
> I decided to give Linux/m68k a try.
>
> Unfortunately, no kernels I tried on the CT60 seem to work, I just get
> a black screen, and then reboot after a few seconds (for the atari
> flavour of m68k kernels).
>
> The one I tried is:
> http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/m68k/images/daily/kernels/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-atari
> with the bootstrap program from:
> http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/m68k/images/daily/tools/atari/

Bummer, I would've hoped those worked. The only CT60 bug report I have
is at <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=300730> but I
was hoping we'd fixed that bug and had a failure to communicate.

I'm pretty sure Michael Schmitz has a working CT60 with debian tools.

> The same kernel works on Aranym. Any idea, hint?

Aranym received most of the d-i testing during lenny development.
Although not much lately, unfortunately.

> The Falcon is plugged on my PC using Null-modem, so maybe I can debug
> through serial port?

Hopefully one of the Atari guys will chime in. :)

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>