Re: Installation

----- Forwarded message from Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> -----

From: Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net>
To: Thomas Sjölin <thomas.sjolin@swipnet.se>
Subject: Re: Installation

Well woody has certainly been migrated to http://archive.debian.org/.

> So, my question is this. Is it at all possible to do or do I have to
> download and burn the cd images and install that way? Netinst would be
> preferable but is there any ftp server where the complete dist is still
> avaliable?
>
> An alternative is of course to test a newer dist but I can't seem to find
> any info on how to install either sarge or etch and not where to find the
> files needed to start installing it, again the preferred way is netinst.

I'd expect the sarge installer to just work, but it's also at archive now
so who knows. The etch installer got broken when etch got renamed to
etch-m68k. I was using the lenny installer (dailies) to installer etch-m68k,
but the mirror choosing code seems to be broken last time I tried.

My notes are at <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/M68k>.

Hmmmm. Looks like I did something to kill the daily buildds. I better go
fix that.

> Would appreciate any suggestions. I just need to find either what I need to
> get the newer distst started or an ftp server where woody is still
> avaliable.

hth,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>