Re: kullervo and tipa

Hi All,

> > Setting up tipa (1.3-14) ...
> > Running mktexlsr. This may take some time... done.
> > dpkg-trigger: dpkg-trigger must be called from a maintainer script (or with a --by-package option)
> > dpkg: error processing tipa (--configure):
> >  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
> >
> > I am not sure why tipa is installed, it seems to be only recommended and on
> > my amd64/sid chroot it was not installed. Does the m68k buildd install
> > recommended packages by default? In any case, this looks like a tipa bug to
> > me.
>
> tipa does some trickery with tex update scripts and the comments indicate they
> tried to avoid running dpkg-trigger. Maybe a m68k tex version problem.

I had the same problem trying to dist-upgrade the unstable chroot on kullervo,
this time it was texlive-base that complained. x11-common didn't install because
dpkg doesn't support 'Breaks'. Running dpkg --configure --pending inside the
chroot configured texlive fine, so it's the host dpkg version that is
insufficient.

Both crest and kullervo are running dpkg 1.13.25 in the host filesystem. Any
known caveats against upgrading dpkg on etch-m68k to the testing version?