Re: perl?

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

Hi,

I've got perl held at 5.8.something; I vaguely remember it being because
5.10 was broken for us, but I don't remember the details.

5.10 wasn't broken in the normal sense.  It exposed an issue in the 4.0
(Etch?) toolchain.  I successfully compiled/ran perl 5.10 on Debian v3r1.1
with it's base compiler/toolchain

Is this still the case, or should I just drop the 'hold' status?

I don't know if the compiler/toolchain issue was resolved.

jerry
       //  Jerry Heyman             | "It's not a 'right' if someone else
      //   Amiga Forever :-)        |  has to pay for it" - Ayn Rand
  \\ //    heymanj at acm dot org   |
   \X/     http://www.hobbeshollow.com