Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.29

Michael Schmitz píše v Út 14. 04. 2009 v 10:26 +0200:
> > > At the very least, the default should be changed to atari=off on modern systems
> > > like the CT60:
> >
> > Why? How is the CPU accelerator related to disk filesystem?
>
> Only in so far as no one would want to use 16 or 32 MB partitions these days.

Well, many years ago it used to be suggested to create a smallish boot
partition and then larger data/application partition(s). I think the
reason for this was that some of the early Atari disk drivers used to
loose the first partition's contents occasionally.

Anyway, the point is that even these days you can encounter a small
partitions on Atari.

BTW, does it mean that there is a problem with mounting small GEMDOS
partitions in Linux (<32 MB?)? And at the same time you can't mount
larger partitions because of the logical sector size limit (>511 MB)?

Petr