Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.28

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 10:48:48AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 21:28, Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> wrote:
> > The debian 2.6.28 kernel has hit sid, so it's probably time to
> > update the m68k patches.

> Please note that I no longer maintain the quilt series file. I'm using
> git only now.

I was wondering if that wasn't true.

> For 2.6.28, there's a separate branch:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git;a=shortlog;h=m68k-v2.6.28
>
> Hmm, I've just noticed this is Linus' v2.6.28 with only a few new m68k
> patches applied, while I think
> I intended it to be the master (m68k) branch just after I merged it
> with v2.6.28, with newer
> critical patches applied when needed. Oh well...

So what do you recommend for 2.6.28? I'd like to get a functional
debian kernel in the meantime. Should I start with the quilt patches?

> But even if it was what I had intended, you'd still have to use `git
> cherry' to find the m68k-specific commits
> and import them into Debian. So I should have all changes nicely
> rebased (and reordered/squashed) against Linus' latest tree, so you
> can easily export them. This would also help in keeping track what
> needs to be submitted upstream.

That sounds like a whole new world of workflow to me. So I'll need
your 2.6.x, linus's 2.6.x, and debian svn to figure out which patches
need applying?

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>