Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

Hi Michael,

> Well, I ran into trouble reading from CD the other day, and it all culminated in
> the CD being marked offline after repeated IO errors. That was with a 24x SCSI
> drive which I had bought for use on Atari and Mac ten years ago. The drive hat
> gotten a bit dodgy already (no eject), so I swapped it out for a 48x one.
> That drive got me all the way to drive partitioning; at that time I had to abort
> the install in order to back up the contents of a spare chroot partition on sda.

The drives I use (Yamaha CRW8424S [ID2] and Toshiba CD-ROM XM-5701TA
[ID3]) run perfectly with MiNT and ExtenDOS.

> Imagine my frustration when my 2.6.27 kernel started spewing IO errors while

I can. :-(

> reading from the designated partition. Something's gone dodgy with SCSI again.

Well. That's what I suppose as well.

> I'll have to investigate this more fully in the next days, but I'd advise
> against installing to a SCSI partition on a disk with valuable data on it
> (unless you want to risk a very exciting fsck session).

:-)
Thanks for the warnings but don't worry - I am unable to install to a
SCSI partition because I only have IDE hard disks installed in my
falcon. ;-)

> Installing to IDE will be fine, as long as the SCSI CDROM does not trigger
> timeouts just because it's slow.

Hmm, perhaps that is the reason why my tries failed? Anyway, I think I
won't be able to try an installation procedure again until the SCSI
issues are fixed. Just keep me informed when there is an update available.

Regards,

Frank