Re: How do you compile C with gcc for 68332?

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Jay Woods wrote:

> None of the relevant compiler switches seem to work.
> [woodsj@wyerie TrinityC1000]$ gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Target: i386-redhat-linux

gcc's target is the architecture on which the compiled code will run. In
other words, this is the wrong compiler for the m68k architecture. If you
wish to compile on an x86 machine and for m68k (rather than on m68k and
for m68k), then you need a cross-compiler. Your x86 machine is running Red
Hat, so I can't help you there except suggest perhaps build your own m68k
toolchain using crosstool.

If you have a debian x86 machine, Stephen Marenka has provided a number of
cross-compiler packages here,
http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/m68k/cross-compilers
but I've not tried them so I don't know which packages are required.

Finn