Re: Fwd: Re: m68k on Debian wiki.

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 20:55 -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 10:44:20PM +0200, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 15:21 -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > That's now done as agreed.
> >
> > Could you review/improve the page http://wiki.debian.org/M68k
> > It might deserve a few word about the fact that M68k was first used on
> > Amiga/Atari/... systems, but are now used in embedded systems (right ?)
>
> Wow. That's really nice. Thanks!

> I wonder if M68k/Aranym might make more sense.

That's a frequent problem, but there's no single answer.
Regarding this page only, it would make sense to name it M68k/Aranym
because it's only used for m68k.
But if we compare with Qemu, for instance, the problem is that it
emulates multiple architectures. We would end-up with a i386/Qemu and a
M68k/Qemu, etc.
So in order to be consistent, I tend to think that all software page
should be named with just the program name, like
wiki.debian.org/Aranym.
If we end-up with a lot of explications about how to use Aranym for
M68k porting, we could have a specific page, may be
"M68k/PortingWithAranym".

> But you did remind me
> that I should put notes on testing bootloaders with uae and maybe
> building the mint cross toolchain. My list, it grows.

Sorry ;)
I hope it will get more users to m68k.

Franklin