Re: xserver settings falcon ct60

> > > I have just tried "vga2" and it says
> > >
> > > (EE) FBDEV(0): unsupported number of bits per pixel: 1
> >
> > And what does the sthigh mode result in?
>
> FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

That actually sounds a bit more familiar... ISTR something in the kernel
framebuffer code explicitly forbids bpp=1 but that could be circumvented.
Any recollection of that, Geert?

OTOH, fb_ioctl just calls the atafb_check_var() and that's also used
internally to atafb. So it should work provided the var_screeninfo is sane
(and my modedb is sane as well. Now there's a thought).

> FBDEV(0): mode initialization failed
>
> Although I have modified the xserver already to not panic on the
> interleaved bitplanes. But it shouldn't affect the sthigh, I guess.

No, sthigh is a strictly monochrome mode - I stole the generic mfb draw
primitives from Geert's mfb.c for that atafb mode (speaking of the
kernel).

It's a shame that X does not support 16bpp packed pixels ...