Re: [buildd]package meep failed

On Mon, 8/25/08, Thorsten Alteholz <debian@alteholz.de> wrote:

> recently my sponsor uploaded the package meep to unstable.
> The buildd logs
> on all architecures but one look rather good. Only on m68k
> I got an error
> message that tells me something about:
>    meep/m68k failing reason:
>
>    [Category: none]
>    ice in reload_cse_simplify_operands
>    m68k only
>
> Could you please explain the meaning of this error message?
> Do I have to
> do anything with the package?

"ice" stands for internal compiler error.  It means that compiling the package has most likely found a compiler bug.

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=meep&ver=0.10-2.1&arch=m68k&stamp=1218164909&file=log

Please submit a bug report for the error, and (if possible) a self-contained, reduced test case.

Dave