Re: [buildd] Implications of DSA-1571-1

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:10:11PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

>> The question is, should we maintain this on a wiki where it can be
>> updated? We've potentially got 25 buildds if all of them were up and
>> running. I can keep that in a spreadsheet, but it'll bit rot as soon as
>> something changes and I don't notice. (Look a shiny thing, I must chase
>> it. :)
> Even if it's not much information, having it on a wiki would be nice.

>> The only downside I see is spam harvesting and frankly I've got a nice
>> procmail filter that keeps spam from making it to my buildds (buildd
>> mail only knows six messages, everything else must be spam). If I was
>> really clever, I could probably drop such messages earlier. Hmmmm.
> If we route all buildd mail via debian (or other) mail servers, that kind
> of procmail fitering could happen there.

As I'm already collecting some buildd mails on buildd.net and put those into
IMAP folders, it should be no big deal to receive some additional mails.
There's a spamassassin running as well, of course.
Just an offer...

>> ssh connection info: ssh -p2145 foo.debian.org
>> buildd email: buildd@foo.debian.org
>> buildd admin(s): John Doe <bar@debian.org>
>> local admin: Jane Baz <baz@foobar.com>
> Who else has access (posibly sudo) and can unjam things, or take over
> logs for this machine?

Another possible way would be to deal with buildd logs via a mailing list or
a shared IMAP folder.

>> configured suites: experimental, unstable, testing, testing-security
>> host key:
>> ssh-rsa blahblahblah root@foo
>> buildd ssh key:
>> ssh-rsa blahblahblah buildd@foo
>> kernel: 2.6.25-2
>> distro: etch-m68k
>> has patched ssl and ssh (yes,no,n/a): yes
> I'd classify information like ssh connection info and backup admins as
> sensitive, and would suggest to keep them out of public view. As the wiki
> will need some sort of account management, that should not be too hard to
> do.

As I've converted Buildd.Net to use a CMS, it could be suited as well for
that purpose as it gives the possibility to use ACLs based on group
membership and/or particular users.
Just again an offer.

> While we're on the topic of renewing buildd.d.o ssh keys - is there any
> way to tell the SSH server to accept dynamic DNS addresses, in the sense
> that they may not resolve to the dyndns host name on a reverse query?
> Otherwise, the buildd.d.o admins would have to accept a rather broad
> wildcarding on my part (*.jetstream....), or set up a system to securely
> register the current buildd IP address (like dyndns update).

I've thought about setting up my own dynamic DNS service and provide some
kind of VPN (IPsec roadwarrior or OpenVPN) for my buildds, maybe even with
static IP (IPv4 & IPv6) addresses.
Alas, when we would use our own w-b again, all buildds could be hooked up
together by a VPN. That would make some things easier on one hand, but OTOH
it would have some implications as well.

Just some ideas, but maybe a little bit over-engineered... ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc