Re: ilmbase

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Finn Thain wrote:
> > Maybe the aranym devs would be interested in a little Test Driven
> > Development? Nothing major, just enough to get these floating point
> > tests to pass. It seems a bit dangerous to disable the testsuite...
>
> I definitely would be interested. Such test suite could show the current
> FPU bugs in ARAnyM. And then somebody familiar with FP would be needed
> to fix them.

Well, the tests have already been written. You just have to grab them from
the gcc sourc and run them, you don't have to commit them. The code to
make FP "work" doesn't need to be "correct", it only has to cause the test
suites to pass and hence you don't have to be familiar with FP. That is
the beauty of Test Driven Development ;-) Think of it a successive
approximation.

-f