IDE disks in Amigas

Hi!

I received an A4000 recently and it's the very first time that I use an IDE
disk inside of an Amiga (except that short setup of Crest back then).

Under AmigaOS the performance of the IDE disk was "OK", but under Linux it's
quite slow. hdparm shows all options OFF and trying to set DMA to on
resulted in an error. Is there a reason to not being able to set DMA on IDE
for Amigas or is it a bug in hdparm or something else?

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc