Re: Xorg on m68k

> > Where can I find the fixed fbtest version?
>
> cvsroot :ext:<user>@linux-fbdev.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linux-fbdev
> module FBdev/utlilities/fbtest

Can't log in as anonymous user there ... I'll pull the code from cvsweb if
needs be.

> > Maybe switching a text console to 16bit with fbset could help me testing
> > the 1bit console code.
>
> For testing, I added the following `null' video mode to /etc/fb.modes:
>
>     mode "null"
> 	geometry 1 1 1 1 0
> 	timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
>     endmode
>
> After that, you can try 16 bpp using
>
>     fbset null -xres 320 -yres 240 -depth 16
>
> thanks to the fbdev rule that says modes should be rounded up if they
> don't match.

Thanks, I'll try that.

> BTW, last week I looked a bit more into xorg. There seem to be some
> serious bugs w.r.t. proper fbdev handling (that is, for the exotic case of
> something different than 8/16/32 bpp packed pixels). I fixed a few of them,
> but it still crashed. Needs some more investigation...

Well, we've had the code let rot for too long I guess. But X on my Falcon
wasn't fun before the CT60 came along (and the rot hat set in by that
time)...

I'll try to fix the kernel framebuffer first. Maybe it crashes in part due
to the switch to 16bit not working?

Cheers,