Re: Xorg on m68k

> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > For cfb16 on Falcon I see no direct problems. Perhaps it just failed
> > because DefaultDepth in /etc/X11/xorg.conf defaults to 24 these days?
>
> the problem I faced was that I couldn't *boot* in the 16bit color depth
> so I *thought* I couldn't run X, or something like that.

I get a hunch that the failure to boot into 16 bit color is due to a
messed up fb_var_screeninfo struct in that mode (as well as the falh2
mode).

There's more problems with modes - vga4 as well as stlow and stmid fail to
initialize more than the hw mode settings. My doing as well, I presume.

No rest for the wicked ...