Re: EMILE package testers sought

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

[snip]
> > > - A Quadra 950. Support for this machine has always been poor, so
> > >   I'm not really using it these days. Also, the emile build which is
> > >   in the archive today and which worked on my IIci didn't work on
> > >   the Quadra 950, so I'm reluctant to use this machine for testing.
> >
> > Again, my Q950 works fine except for the external SCSI bus. My new ESP
> > driver should fix that issue though.
>
> Yes; but the main problem here isn't the kernel, it's emile. When I was
> testing emile 0.10, it would work on the IIci, but not on the Q950; so
> while it might be that 2.6 works flawlessly on the Q950, that doesn't
> help me to test emile :-)

OK. This is probably academic then: in testing my code on the 950 lately I
found that IOP ADB isn't reliable. That is, sometimes it boots with a dead
keyboard. I knew that passing the kernel argument "adb_sync" used to hang
the adb probe on this box so there's probably a race condition
somewhere... I've added it to my list.

-f