Re: Washi

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 09:12:53AM +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka píše v So 24. 11. 2007 v 15:12 -0600:
> > I've been using images based on the ones here [0]. The only problem is
> > they are 1GB. It looks like aranym can use an IDE1 disk image, so it
> > would probably be easiest to put the chroots on IDE1.
>
> Adding second drive is a matter of few mouse clicks in the SETUP GUI. I
> am kind of shocked that this would be a show-stopper for using ARAnyM
> buildds.

Not at all. I haven't actually setup an aranym buildd yet, I've just
played with the idea (trying to figure out where I could slime a box
worth leaving up as buildd). I believe Bill Allombert was playing with
that, although it's not been up lately. So far I've been using aranym
for d-i, working on bugs, and building the occasion package.

Last night was the first time I tried using a second drive and it seemed
very easy.

I love aranym. About the only thing I'd like to see would be a way to
suspend or save the current state so I could restart aranym right where
I was. A natfeat serial port would also be pretty sweet.

> Actually I thought they were already in wide use since the 0.9.5 release
> (July '07).

I can only speak for myself and I haven't had the need.

Thanks for the cool software,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>