Re: building kernel modules packages

> > > It's not generated, it's in the source tree (for recent kernels only).
> >
> > I was speculating about generating the file upon make config, thinking
> > Bill had the full kernel source in order to build external modules, not
> > just the linux-headers package.
>
> In case there are any doubt: What I did was to run
> sbuild linux-modules-extra
> and nothing else.

No doubt about that - I just jumped to conclusions again.

> > Christian: please apply the attached patch. Bill: please try to just add
> > module.lds like I posted. You might be missing arch/m68k/kernel/asm-offsets.s
> > as well; if so, you'd have to build the kernel from source and build the
> > modules against the kernel tree.
>
> I can try that if you want, but I expected linux-modules-extra to be
> auto-buildable.

For that, we'd have to build a fixed linux-headers-2.6.18-4 package set.
Hence my request to Christian to apply the patch. I am not involved with
Debian kernel packaging myself, I just provide patches.

If it helps, I can reassign #396220 to linux-source-2.6.18 and add the
patch there.