Re: working xorg.conf i promised

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 06:35:14PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Unimplemented, perhaps? log and exp may indeed be unimplemented yet. Time
> > > to fix that ...
> >
> > flogn and fetox are implemented in the 68881 and 68882, but not in the
> > 68040 and 68060. However, on the latter ones they should be emulated by
> > the kernel.
>
> In the LC040, it might be a case of broken mask revision, then. Or maybe
> the kernel uses the generic (i.e. 68881) FPU emulation here, and emulation
> bits are definitely missing from that one?

It would appear that the kernel uses the regular math-emu code on
the 68LC040, and only uses the fpsp040 code on a full 68040. This
could easily explain the error. I haven't seen it myself, but I'm
pretty sure I remember the bad mask revisions causing bus errors
for the software FPU problem.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com