Re: [buildd] building r-base

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 05:28:23PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Crest and kullervo froze again, with r-base-core as the suspect package.
> > hobbes froze as well, but that seems to have been a different reason. I've
> > rescheduled all on a 040. Baffled ...
>
> hobbes froze yet again building dwm - I'll leave it off for now until I
> find time to check it out (might take two weeks or so).

ahhz froze building mcmcpack_0.8-1-1. I tried to capture a dmesg, but it
seems it did not get saved. However, I have one from the previous freeze,
which looks similar. There were hundreds of esp0 messages at the end:

IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
process `syslogd' is using obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT
vt: argh, driver_data is NULL !
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
hda: status timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: drive not ready for command
ide0(?): unexpected interrupt, status=0xff, count=1
esp0: Gross error sreg=7f
esp0: No current cmd during gross error, resetting bus
esp0: Resetting scsi bus
esp0: Gross error sreg=7f
esp0: No current cmd during gross error, resetting bus
esp0: Resetting scsi bus
esp0: Gross error sreg=7f
[...]

My ide controller is a Catweasel (Xsurf), thats where the whole system is
installed. esp0 is a Blizzard2060, but the only partition on there that
should be used is the swap partition. Is R trying to use obscene amounts of
(swap) memory?

Christian