Re: Coldfire [Was: Washi]

On 11/24/07, Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com> wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 11:56:06PM -0500, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> Washi will be killed on Sunday (2 days from now).  It will not be made
> >> available again for the immediate future and even shortly after as I
> >> want to run MiNT on it again so I can help with the native OS atari
> >> community again.  I will let you know if I decide to run debian on it
> >> again for a buildd.
> >>

> > Well thank you very much for the time we've had with washi. It looks
> > like mesa is about finished, so I'll stop the buildd after that.
> >

> Not the news I wanted to hear.  Could a coldfire box be of any
> assistance?  I have a motorola coldfire EVB with the 266MHz cpu.  I'd
> need to get some sort of USB 2.0 card for it and USB disk storage but
> that sort of thing isn't nearly as big of an issue with linux as it is
> for MiNT.

> Thanks
> Mark

is that a cpu that has (hardware) mmu support, or not ? I think that came
in in 2004 and there is a 360mhz coldfire that has it, but i don't know
about this 266. is it socketed if not ?

if it has mmu then it might help you in your tls project i think, that
is if you could try the uClinux and then you have a sort of bridge.

i thought i read they had (software) mmu support now, but then i
looked back later and i could not find it.