Re: crest.d.o and m68k.d.o

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 09:03:07AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> >> As I understood Christian, Debian was looking for new hosting facilities
> >and
> >> the hosting behind the DSL (dynamic IPs) will only be temporarily until
> >new
> >> places are found.
> >
> >Correct. So the IP numbers will have to change sometime, once we have new
> >hosting, but I wont promise that this will be possible this year...
>
> Either way, let's fix the DNS - and keep the TTL low so a change will be
> instantaneous.
>
> I'm just wondering if there is a way to redirect DNS queries for crest to
> a dyndns service without the debian.org DNS getting involved in dynamic
> DNS itself ...

The d.net addresses points to a dyndns service, and I can change the .net
addresses easily. I don't know if this is possible with .org also or who
handles those, though. Do we have a debian dyndns service? I am happy with
dyndns.org, but you have to actively change the address, otherwise it will
point to the old address, which is bad when you receive email on that
address. A long time ago I used a service (ddts?) where you had to update
your address every couple of minutes, otherwise the name would point to an
unroutable address (and no email would be delivered to that host for
example).

But once the machines have a new hosting, the IP should be permanent again.
I plugged the new disk into kullervo and am in the process of copying the
installation. Then I have to figure out, like for crest, how to make the box
boot from the new disk.

Christian