Re: RFC: drop support for gcc < 4.0 (fwd)

On 8/22/07, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> Hmm, I've been using 4.1 (gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease)
> (Debian 4.1.1-21)) since quite a while for cross-compiling my m68k kernels.
>
> Any comments?

Yes !

Here I am all set up with CVS and 4.1-CROSS of June07 (the last
version before toolchain
support lost a link ) and afraid to try building me a kernel because the
big guys don't use it and i am no kernel/systems hacker-- but I am someone
who needs to build custom kernels and needs to get more experience with
foreign architectures which is why I picked up 68k.

I will try and go ahead and build and let you/list know how/if it works for me

machine: mac quadra 630, 128MB RAM.
os: debian sid updated to June 07.