Re: etch-m68k stalled by NEW processing

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 08:11:45AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > My effort to to build etch-m68k are stalled because the packages I have
> > uploaded are stuck in the new queue and I did not receive instructions
> > how to upload the four rejected packages.
>
> The reason for rejection was that the same package versions do already
> exist? Maybe a binNMU could change that?

The reason for rejection was that the same package versions did already
exist at some point in the past. In that case, I would be more than
happy to include the old package in the archive rather than the new one.
It seems they were build before the release of etch but after etch-m68k
was frozen.

So I would like some confirmation of the FTP master that binNMU are
appropriate.

> NEW processing needs to be kicked manually by the ftp masters, right?

I used to believe that, but I am no more entirely sure: I am
doing binary-upload of packages matching sources packages in the
archives. There are normally no reason for NEW processing in that case,
but this happens for upload to proposed-updates so that the Stable
release managers can vet packages updated in the stable release. So
maybe we need a etch-m68k release manager that is empowered to vet
packages for etch-m68k. But for that we need an answer from the FTP
masters.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>