Re: X on Mac [Was: Re: linux-2.6.21 images for m68k libc?]
- To: Finn Thain <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: X on Mac [Was: Re: linux-2.6.21 images for m68k libc?]
- From: L Moore <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:11:09 -0400
- Message-id: <20070601111108.GA1805@wightman.ca>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- References: <20070528111958.GB5483@wightman.ca> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070529013731.GA2317@wightman.ca> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20070530004917.GA3522@wightman.ca> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070530105525.GA1492@wightman.ca> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20070531151800.GB1909@wightman.ca> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:48:09AM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007, L Moore wrote:
> > I'm composing these two messages using telnet from the G4 because the
> > Quadra display and keyboard are frozen. Want any config files to look
> > at.
> Nah, that seg fault means spending some time with the debugger. But I
> can't do that until I get etch installed.
Would I have to generate a core file to use the debugger?
> > 2) How do I get the Q reset without rebooting?
> I'd try switching between known good modes using fbset. If xorg was
> working, running startx would typically fix it also.
I'll try those.
> It might be worth your asking on the mailing list too -- certainly Geert
> knows a lot more about framebuffer drivers than I.
Ok, hopefully their advice will be as useful.
Location: 43 58 8 N by 80 58 45 W
Growing zone: lowest 48-hour temperature -25C
Town Population: 740 Horticulture Society: 520
House Built: 1835 Renovations: 1910, 1952, 2006.