Re: emulation has fewer bugs than certain hardware

> affect the packages: Octave build fine but the test-suite displayed
> problem inside the emulator, however the test-suite run on the same
> binary on real hardware did not, so the package was correctly built."

Doesn't that still imply that compile-time constant folding could have
been mis-executed, still leading to incorrect executables?

(I'm recalling personal experience with a related situation with the
IBM RT (back when it *wasn't* retro :-) and 3 floating point
implementations, one of which was buggy - so there were runtime bugs
on the broken hardware, but there were also mis-folded constants in
anything [xdvi in particular] built on the broken hardware...)

(I do favor using the fastest correct platform for builders, even if
that's a virtual one - but it really does have to be correct...)