Re: Building a new kernel

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Stephen wrote:
> I have finaly managed to get Debian M68K 3.1 onto my Amiga 3000 (Cyberstorm
> Mk1 '60, 128mb ram, 9gig scsi hd, cybervision, bfc multiface 3).
>
> I'm trying to re-compile the kernel to use the mutiface3's serial port
> (running a nullmodem ppp connection at 19200 via the amiga's port is to slow,
> and 38400 gives many error's). [Do I need to re-compile the kernel for serial
> port support?, Haven't been able to find what ttyS device to use for the bfc)

I don't think we have Multiface III serial port support anymore. While the
config symbol MULTIFACE_III_TTY still exists, the actual driver source file
(drivers/char/ser_mfc.c) seems to have vanished after 2.2.

> This is my first install of debian (have used redhat 9 for my radio controll
> in the shed), so I'm unsure where things go. I have run apt-get
> update/upgrade on the system.
>
> In making a new kernel, I've tryed the verion 2.4.27 and 2.4.34 sources. using
> thi smethod:

That's the pristine one from kernel.org? Please use the Linux/m68k source tree
from CVS, cfr. http://linux-m68k-cvs.ubb.ca/.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds