Re: [d-i] Testing daily image of d-i

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 08:36:40PM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> To whom it may be important:
>
> The current d-i daily build (2.6.17-2) doesn't boot on my Amiga 3000 (spice)
> with the WarpEngine accel card. The reason is a kernel panic in the NCR scsi
> driver.
>
> Kars de Jonk ported the new version of the driver (or somewhat like this)
> last year to the new ABI/API/whatever. His kernel 2.6.14 does work great on
> that particular box and on my A4000T (which has the same chip onboard):
>
> Linux vivaldi 2.6.14-m68k-amiga #10 Thu Dec 1 21:40:17 CET 2005 m68k
> GNU/Linux
>
> This means, that at least 3 m68k buildds aren't able to run newer kernels
> with the stock Debian kernel. I think this is bad.
>
> Kars, Christian? Can you please work on intergrating the needed patches into
> the Debian kernel source?

If they would have been in the linx-m68k CVS, they would be in the kernel
images now. I don't think I will have time this year to add any more m68k
patches, so if somebody else wants to test and commit them to the debian
linux-2.6 svn, go ahead.

But I am pretty sure you can boot the installer with a custom kernel instead
of what is on the CDs. Thats what I tried with the atari, as longs as you
have all drivers you need built in it should work.

Christian