Re: cross gcc-4.1.1-20 packages and using distcc+crosscc

On 11/21/06, Michael Schmitz <schmitz@mail.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > > ftp.debian.org/debian
> > > does not exist.
> >
> > I can see that directory at
> > ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian
> or
>  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/
what i get to pointing at this link (without the /debian/ is an
installer directory, not the packages. i am looking today at this on
another machine, its the
same way.

ftp.debian.org might resolve to different hosts for both of you.

yeah, its funny: when i pointed my browser to http://http.us.debian.org i
wound up at the OSU opensource labs mirror, but as i downloaded some
files it redirected my back to debian. i always am using their mirror for my
ppc-mac updates because i always get 404s from debian, even the above
adress that works in my browser is broken for apt-get updates.

since it happens on two different machines i use, i tend to believe the
server is at fault. but i didn't realize there could be several far apart in
physical location.

Either way, a Debian mirror without debian/ sounds broken.

well at least at some spots they have been postings notes "expect breakage",
or "temporarily out of service". you don't see those unless you are
using web browser.

isn't ftp supposed to be deprecated anyway now for quite a while ?