Re: 2.6.18

> >> -watchdog time out , so no ethernet connection
> >> -minimum 2 times of fsck, long ...
> >
> > So use rdate, ntpdate or whatever tickles your fancy to synchronize the
> > clock. I've sent a log of the hwclock oops to linux-m68k, along with a
>
> He has no Ethernet connection.  (No mention of whether or not he has
> a modem.)

I read that to mean 'ethernet connection sometimes breaks down'. Anyway,
date --set still works, so what's wrong with getting a bit creative and
passing the current date and time to the kernel by means of a fake kernel
option, which you can grep out of dmesg and feed to date? Or, by all
means, make the kernel interpret the date string directly (ISTR the booter
passes the current date anyway?). Maybe disabling RTC support is all it
takes here?