Re: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 19:07 -0800, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:20:02PM +0100, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
> > If so , kernel > 2.6.17 has a different file structure ,
> > like /media/cdrom or so,
> > and a different way for accessing  hwclock. Can someone confirm/infirm
> > that ?
> >
> > "Cannot acces the Hardware Clock via any known method. Use the --debug
> > option to see the details os our search for an access method."
>
> Actually, the hardware clock code in the 2.6 kernel is just plain
> broken for all macs. It is a known issue that just hasn't gotten
> fixed yet due to the long list of other issues. The directory
> structure has nothing to do with the kernel, however. Some of the
> device nodes may not work with a 2.6 kernel for various reasons,
> but the paths are not determined by the kernel in either 2.2 or 2.6.
>
> 	Brad Boyer
> 	flar@allandria.com

thanks for comments.

I work around -localely - for "NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmission timed
out"
is commenting out  all ethX in /etc/network/interfaces .
So the system become stable - but only standallo(w)ne -, the use
of the "date -u 1109082606.00" may help in not haveing, at eatch boot,
of a -long and inutile - fsck.
On such system I hade install emile - from my bootable cdrom - and now
Debian can boot himself directily from his disk - no more need of useing
of Penguin -.

May I help ?
Any comments?

regards,