Re: [buildd] Speedup

> > EtherNEC support still needs some work - the required ISA support gets in
> > the way of the IDE driver (which also uses inb/outb and friends), I'll
> > have to teach it to discriminate ...
>
> Are you sure? There is already a big hack in include/asm-m68k/ide.h to
> get rid of all other definitions of inb/outb and friends.
>
> I believe your problem lies elsewhere: you need a proper addition of
> your ISA bus to include/asm-m68k/io.h. So you need to define an ISA_TYPE
> and ISA_SEX for your ISA bus before the existing macros work.

I had all that defined in include/asm-m68k/io.h ... the problem with
'writing' to the ROM port is that you need a hacked up read function to do
the dirty work. Plus address translation is going to be different if I
want to stick to the default card base addresses of 0x280. 0x300, ...
(mapping to 0xfffa0280 etc. for reads, 0xfffb0280 etc. for writes).

In the end, I've had to resort to the same hack as is used for
simultaneous PCI and ISA support (addresses < 0x1000 go through ISA
address translation and special write hack, all others don't).

Doesn't crash ARAnyM anymore, but no time to run it on the real metal yet.

I'll send my changes to the m68k io.h and raw_io.h to linux-m68k for
comment soon.

What's the correct definition of ISA_SEX, given that the adapter is 8 bit
only?