Re: buildd macs, was Re: [buildd] Etch?

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 01:25:50AM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
> Well, it's not pretty, but I can give you advance warning of the issues
> on those machines.
>
> 650:   No real time clock or serial drivers. Broken MacII ADB driver.
> 840av: No real time clock or serial drivers.
> 9x0:   Hard to say (I don't have any). Certainly no RTC.
>
> The workaround for the RTC is ntpd and tune2fs.
>
> The workaround for ADB on the 650 is to disable the MacII ADB driver in
> the kernel config (which won't hurt the 840av), and to boot linux 2.2 if
> you need the console (e.g. to setup remote login). Disabling the IOP ADB
> driver may fix the 950. Out of all of the ADB drivers, only CUDA is known
> to work. The others are fatal (by all reports, and my own tests) and
> should really be disabled.

The RTC has never worked on any kernel on the Q9x0, so that isn't any
change from whatever it's running now. Also, the IOP driver worked fine
on the IIfx last time I tried. I have to admit that I haven't tried
recently due to time constraints. I'm hoping to have some more time
starting in a couple weeks to fix serial and a few other things. My
main test box is a IIfx, so IOP support is a big deal for me.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com