Re: Creating Amiga boot diskettes

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 10:11:37PM -0600, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:

>    I just checked modconf and find that I have affs installed as a
> module on Gcomm (this box).  Can I use this with an Imation drive (as a
> floppy drive) to write files to an Amiga boot diskette?  I could copy
> one of the installation diskettes on the Amiga and write the lha stuff
> somehow to it, I suppose.  If I'm rambling, it's late at night.

I have no idea what a gateway 500 (an Amiga built when Gateway owned it?) a
Gforc or an Inmation drive are, but you can NOT write Amiga disks (ie in
standard Amiga 880k format) on a (one) PC floppy drive unless you use a
Catweasel controller:

http://www.jschoenfeld.com/products/catweasel_e.htm

There is a hack floating around, where two floppies are used to write one
Amiga disk, but I don't remember the webpage. I think for this you also need
one Amiga formatted disk, so one floppy can read the index markers, which the
other floppy needs to create a proper format.

But if you have all these SCSI disks and Amiga emulator software, why don't
you hook up a SCSI disk to one of your PCs and do the installation from the
emulator?

Christian