Make menuconfig and libncurses-dev

Hi,

when trying to configure the source for compiling a customized kernel, I
tried to use "make menuconfig". The process aborted with the error message
that it could not find the required ncurses libraries.

According to the help / module description of the kernel source, I need to
install libncurses-dev and tk-dev. However, I did not find these packages
in the aptitude list of available packages (list from the Sarge CD set
3.1r1).

Did these packages drop out of the distribution by mistake or can the
required library files for "make menuconfig" now be found in a different
package?

Best Regards,

Peter