Re: Preparing the m68k port for the future.

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 03:24:42AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 06:04:00PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

The fact you don't have anyone able to make a working cross-compiler
speaks somewhat poorly of the support available for the m68k toolchain,
too.

The issues with producing a working cross-compiler that I hit against
were not m68k-specific. Also, they may or may not have been fixed in the
mean time; I know for a fact that there is no updated toolchain-source
package available, but there've been a few upstream updates in the mean
time, and I didn't go out and check them anymore (since my previous
attempts failed)

Toolchain-source is currently being worked on and should soon be
ready for testing and policy compiliance. (I'm doing the work and
since this is my first Debian package, I'll need a bit of help
getting started with the administrative stuff :-)

As it stands today I can create cross-compilers for all *-linux
architechtures except s390 and amd64. Those two targets are being
worked on right...

Current setup is:
  gcc-4.0  4.0.2-5
  binutils 2.16.1cvs20051214-1