Re: 2.6.18

> The kernel tryed ( from 2.6.17-2-mac to  2.6.18-2-mac -2.6.18_5)
> are from debian - official - site.

Should be the same as in linux-m68k CVS. But I'd try to build from
linux-m68k CVS directly, just in case.

> if it's possible for m68k - at least for my quadra 840av-

That would be Mac, then. The m68k part I already figured out.

> > - what kind of problem do you encounter?
> No hardware clock access, with all his issue:
> -system has 01.01.1970 as date at each boot
> -watchdog time out , so no ethernet connection
> -minimum 2 times of fsck, long ...

So use rdate, ntpdate or whatever tickles your fancy to synchronize the
clock. I've sent a log of the hwclock oops to linux-m68k, along with a
disassembly of the relevant piece of code, and the problem seemed to be a
null pointer access somewhere in the generic RTC code. I suspect the Mac
RTC code fails to set one of the function pointers required for the
generic RTC glue code to work. Look at the source to see how this might
come to pass. The RTC code used to work in 2.2, and the hardware hasn't
changed since.

> -sometimes no keyboard at all on boot, a hard boot may help

Just your generic Mac weirdness. I suspect a race condition in the ADB
interrupt handler.

> -when the keyboard is responding, he has a "astral" map ...

Someone forgot to replace the old-style Mac ADB keymap by a new Mac 'Linux
keycodes' keymap.

> -when we learn this "astral" map , you can log in ...
> -when we try to fix key map like "install-keymap mac-us-ext/us"
> sometimes is ok ,sometimes no.

I'd rather not load any keymap (and use the default, which is US layout
most likely) and then create my own keymap to load. If that still fails
randomly, look at the Mac keyboard driver to figure out what happens when

If the keymap is wrong even without loading /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz,
please modify the Mac keyboard driver to log each key event, and compile a
table of events received for each key.

At least you have a working ADB driver to play with. Color yourself
lucky; I first need to get the ADB driver fixed enough to not crash the
Mac.