Re: [buildd] help with gmp

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 03:31:11PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> None at all from my end. If you've been able to build it, and there is a
> test suite, it should Just Work(tm).

Unbelieveable. gcc-4.1 configure fails for good reason.

$ ldd -r /usr/lib/libmpfr.so
|         libgmp.so.3 => /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 (0xc003f000)
|         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xc0083000)
|         /lib/ld.so.1 (0xd0000000)
| undefined symbol: __gmp_rand    (/usr/lib/libmpfr.so)

So are my problems coming from binutils, gcc, or something else
entirely? Anyone? Anyone?

I'm clearly over my head here.

If no one has any better ideas, I may rebuild binutils -O0. Then rebuild
gmp ....

I know we have some runtime bugs that seem to occasionally manifest as
segfaults or illegal instructions. These ftbfs about 14 packages, but
some packages build fine and then seem to bite later.

I haven't managed to pin one down yet and I was hoping that the new gcc
would fix the problem. And now we're deep in build-dep hell.

<stephen@marenka.net>