Re: Glibc maintainers sought for m68k, hppa

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:21:46AM +1000, Adam Conrad wrote:
> I knew I was going to volunteer for this sooner or later, so I guess
> there's no time like the present.  I'm not sure how much time I have to
> dedicate the m68k/glibc, but any time is better than none, and I can
> probably bang out basic TLS support in a reasonable timeframe.
>
> Count me in.  Spin me around and point me in a sensible direction of a
> laundry list of "crap m68k needs to catch up on" that you know of.

Hi Adam,

I really apologize; my mail filters stowed this off in never-never
land.  I didn't see it until now.  If you want to do this, which would
be great, you should speak to Roland McGrath about (A) an FSF copyright
assignment for glibc, and (B) commit access to the ports repository for
m68k.  The list for this repository is libc-ports@sourceware.org.  I
also find it useful to follow glibc-cvs, looking for bulk changes
to other architectures.

At the moment, I know that the m68k port is stale on updates to
bits/fcntl.h and bits/mman.h.  Also, Ulrich removed bits for some
ports from linux/kernel-features.h on 2005-03-28 and m68k may need some
of those copied into a new m68k/kernel-features.h.

Really, what the port needs most is just someone who builds and tests
it regularly.  I realize that for m68k we may need a different value
of "regularly", but the same principle applies.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery