Re: help with an upstream test suite problem?

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 00:21 +1100, Finn Thain wrote:

> A quick look at the rest of the code shows that util.h tests
> #ifndef __BIG_ENDIAN__
> which probably doesn't work because it needs the right header.

True, but I don't think that is relevant to SWAP_ENDIAN_INT32 because it
is outside that #ifndef. My reading of SWAP_ENDIAN_INT32 says that is
should work no matter what endianess the machine is. Of course I don't
know anything about m68k.

> #include <endian.h>
> #if BYTE_ORDER == LITTLE_ENDIAN
> works under Linux, though it probably isn't portable.

I'll let upstream know about that.

--
bye,
pabs