Re: Instal failiures on a Macintosh LC475

Yan Seiner wrote:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to install Debian sarge and now debian testing on my old LC475.

One other data point.... When it is booting, it comes up with a message similar to can't mount devfs on /dev: no such device. I've checked the initrd and /dev is there with what looks to be all of the required devices.

I wonder if something didn't get left out of the old 2.2.25-mac kernel... Unfortunately, I don't have a m68k build environment. All of my other hardware is i386 and ARM...

Is there any way to log all of the kernel events during the install? Or some way to turn on debugging for screen/net dumps?

Thanks,

--Yan