Re: Help

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 04:59:36AM -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 10:42 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:26:10PM -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:

> Linux kernel supports atari partition table format.  Maybe the source
> would be helpful.  I've done applications programming in C, but nothing
> system level yet.  I'm willing to attempt anything though.

The code is in linux and atari-fdisk. It doesn't really look too tough,
but nobody has stepped forward to do it yet. (Everytime I get started,
something else comes along to interrupt.) Parted has quite a few
filesystems to act as guides, not to mention the whole similarity to
dos thing.

The other thing that's going to be an issue soon is that we really need
to get 2.6 running on all of m68k. Atari has the very nice aranym, which
I've used debugging d-i. So until either a mac or an atari is running 2.6,
I won't be doing any 2.6 work for d-i. Of course, don't let that stop
ya'll from getting involved in d-i. ;-)

In addition, a certain number of people would like to punt 2.4
altogether. I don't know whether that will happen in the etch timeframe
or not. I doubt supporting 2.2 is going to be high on anyone's list
though.

<stephen@marenka.net>