Re: native amiga linux loader

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 21:02 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Franziskus Meier <markirus@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm searching for a linux loader starting my Amiga 2000b with Blizzard 2060.
> > The used Sarge-Installer doesn't support mounting the small
> > Amiga-FFS-Partition, so i had to shut off the system without getting a
> > startable Debian-Linux. Hardware like Kickflash (->www.ami.ga) is planned to
> > purchase. So, where could I find a (unstable) solution to start Debian on the
> > direct way?
> >
> > Meantime I try BSD, sorry.
> >
> > Greetz
> >
> > Franzl
>
> Afaik you can't. You need to run setpatch and load the Blizzard 2060'
> 68040.libarry and 68060.library before jumping to the kernel.
> Otherwise the system just crashes. Without this you could use alilo.

Hmm, I have been running Amiga LILO on my A1200 with Blizzard 1260 for
years. You just need to specify you have a '060 using the following
directive in the "header" section:

	processor 444

When booting it prints some garbage and claims there is "no FPU", but it
works fine. And I think I have a really ancient version of Amiga LILO
too:

Amiga Linux/m68k Loader Version 2.5 [Amiboot 5.6] (23/7/1998)
(C) Copyright 1995 by Geert Uitterhoeven

You'll have to locate/compile a binary yourself though, I don't think
there's a Debian package for it :-(

Kind regards,

Kars.