Re: 2.6.11-cvs and kbd

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 21:31 +0200, Haakon Innerdal wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 3 May 2005, Haakon Innerdal wrote:
> > > Is anyone working on getting local kbd working?
> >
> > Last time I tried, it worked fine. That's was on 2.6.8.1, though.
> >
> Ok, I was wondering if it was a known bug or something... hmm... I also
> seems to get the bug on the debian patched 2.6.8-4 sources (had to
> recompile with "Use one physical chunk of memory only" to get it to
> work tough...)

I think I remember running into this: this happens if you run any
loadkeys command (which Debian does by default).

If you leave the kernel keymap alone things work fine, if not, OOPS.

<snip>

> I really dont know where to start debugging this, but since there seems to
> several others that have working 2.6.x -kernels, this may be something
> special (faulty?) about my system, my mainboard is stamped with "A4000cc
> Rev D", and I have been told that it was one of the latest revisions
> before the A4000 (and commodore) folded, and not so very common in the
> market... but that is probably totally irrelevant. I'll continue debugging
> and see if I can find out more... but as I'm no kernel expert, I'm just
> fumbling in the dark here... hoping if anybody has some advice...

I don't think it is your specific Amiga. My A1200 has the same, and I
believe my HP300 also behaves this way with a 2.6 kernel.

I don't really understand what's going on here, because I assume this
code is rather generic...

Would be nice to get it fixed.

If you have a US keyboard, you can use:

dpkg-reconfigure console-data

and select the option "Keep kernel keymap".

Kind regards,

Kars.