Re: Status of d-i kernel transition for 2.6.14

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:59:07PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 08 December 2005 09:32, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > Yep, that fixed it. Thx!
> Does this mean that we now have a green light for m68k porters to start
> work on implementing 2.6 support in d-i?

Well, I guess Stephen M. will comment on this issue, too.
But that "Yep, that fixed it. Thx!" only meant that the keyboard is now
working at all, not that it is working properly as it should. Non-US
keyboards are still not working in a correct way.
My guess is, that m68k/Amiga is quite well suited for a d-i testing support
of 2.6, but it still needs work (at least keyboard-wise). But that's just
me. ;) After all there's still some work for m68k/Amiga. Until lately some
systems failed to boot on NCR based SCSI systems. Kars de Jongk ported the
new 53c000 drivers to m68k and I hope that they will be included into
debians kernel patches soon (and of course in upstream as well ;).

This runs fine on two of my m68ks and I guess on Kars' MVME system as well:
Linux vivaldi 2.6.14-m68k-amiga #10 Thu Dec 1 21:40:17 CET 2005 m68k
GNU/Linux

Stephen told me that he intend to give me a test version of d-i for m68k
tomorrow or so. So, more infos afterwards... ;)

> BTW. Congratulations to the m68k team for being the most responsive
> architecture to the initial mail.

Having slow buildds gives us more time for other tasks such as communication
with others... (-;

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc