Re: Status of d-i kernel transition for 2.6.14

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:43:52AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > > What kind of keymap do you have selected?
> > I had qwerty US layout installed...
> You mean `Amiga QWERTY US'? Can you also select `PC QWERTY US'? That one should
> work.

Yes, maybe, but pc qwerty us is a not so obvious choice for an Amiga
keyboard. ;)

> > > You could also try running 'dpkg-reconfigure console-data' and select
> > > "keep kernel keymap".
> > Yep, that fixed it. Thx!
> Kernel keymap == QWERTY US (or `Belgian Dutch keyboard', as was printed on the
> box ;-).

Having a non-native keyboard layout will not be satisfying for most users,
I'm afraid, although it's ok for me, but my brother has always problems with
layouts that don't match the keys he's seeing when I'm telling him via
telephone what he need to type in case of problems... not to speak of my
parents... ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc