Re: Status of d-i kernel transition for 2.6.14

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 09:46:39PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 12:37:06PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:

> > > In the above list, does mac means m68k-mac? Why is that listed seperatedly?
> > > I though that the mac folks are omitting 2.4 kernel series and aiming
> > > directly at 2.6, so that this should be fine for them?
> 2.2.25 is the only kernel that realiably works with a keyboard on
> m68k/mac.

Ah, the same problem as on Amigas with 2.6?
At least Frans' tip of using "keep kernel keymap" worked on my A3000 running
2.6.14-m68k-amiga (from Kars with his 53c000 SCSI patch).

> All the other m68k subarchs supposedly work with 2.4.27. I don't know of
> any that have no issues with 2.6.

When "keep kernel keymap" really works on m68k, I can report no issues (or
no known issues) for Amiga subarchs (A3000 WarpEngine 040/40, A3000
CyberStorm MkII, A4000T Cyberstorm MkII tested), but I recommend that d-i or
console-data (debconf questions) should point to that problem and recommend
using kernel keymap on m68k.

> > I'm hoping that the Quadra 840 AV and Quadra 660 AV would be future
> > candidates for a qualifying a 2.6 kernel that could be considered stable.
> > This is because 840 AV was the fastest production model, Christian has
> > one, and the problems on those machines appear to be relatively tractable.
> > But I'm afraid I can't hazard a guess as to a timeframe on this.
> I'm the primary d-i developer and I have a quadra 650 and two 950s.
> Until one of those runs 2.6 (d-i requires a working keyboard to really
> be useful) or atari (aranym) gets fixed, I can't really do much.
> If someone wants to step up, I'd be happy to help out with builds and
> such.

I can only offer to test d-i builds on Spice...

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc