tun device on a mac

I am trying to get an old mac running as a backup appliance. I need to run vtun or openvpn on it.

I've installed the make-kpkg package and the tun-module package, and followed the instructions in the tun-module README.debian. The kernel build fails with a 'loops_per_sec' undeclared in asm/delay.h:30.

If I try to build just the tun module, it fails with 'No rule to make target distclean'.....

Any suggestions?  I am running 2.2.25-mac.

Thanks.

--Yan