preinstalled Debian Woody disk image for ARAnyM

Hi,

I have had a hard time getting any Debian installation to finish
succesfully (be it on ARAnyM or on real machine) so in order to save
other Atari linux fans from pulling their hair out I am making my disk
image available.

http://web.zln.cz/~joy/woody.img.bz2 (85 MB)

This image of basic Debian 3.0 Woody installation
together with kernel from my kernel-patch package available at
http://web.zln.cz/~joy/linux-natfeats.tar.gz (1 MB) will work
out-of-the-box on CVS version of ARAnyM (sorry, post 0.9.0 release not
available yet). With normal linux kernel (not ethernet enabled) you'll
get it working even on ARAnyM 0.9.0 release (as found in Debian, for
example).

How to get it working:

1) compile aranym CVS with "--enable-lilo --enable-fullmmu"
2) unpack linux-natfeats.tar.gz (for example in /tmp)
3) run "aranym-mmu -c /tmp/linux-natfeats/aranym.config -N -G"
4) in the Setup click on "Disks" then on "Path:" of the IDE0 disk,
locate the woody.img image (you have bunzip2-ed it already, haven't
you :) then check the "Present" checkbox and at last close the Disks
dialog with the "Apply" button. Then in the main dialog click
"Save" (and choose where to save this config file) and at last click on
"Shutdown". This operation will add proper [IDE0] entry for the
woody.img to the config file.

That's it. Now you can run it with plain
"aranym-mmu -c /path/to/the/new.config.file -N -l"

If you have DHCP configured for tap0 interface and you've restarted dhcp
after tap0 is created then the Woody will fetch its network setup via
DHCP and everything works wonderfully :-)

Further discussion about problems with ARAnyM please point to
aranym-user list, thanks.

Petr